Dream study seeking breast cancer participants

Dreamers wanted

Have you ever had a dream that has come true? I mean literally. I have always been fascinated by dreams and their meaning. I remember having a vivid dream about getting laid off from my job, then it happened. I have had other foreshadowing dreams, as well.

How many of you had a dream about having breast cancer before you were diagnosed? If so, you could be part of a new collaborative study to systematically collect information from women who have experienced warning dreams before being diagnosed with breast cancer. The study is being conducted by Larry Burk, MD, CEHP, a board certified radiologist and Certified Energy Health Practitioner, and Dreams Cloud, a global resource which specializes in gathering, saving, and tabulating a statistical compilation of dreams. Dr. Burk’s interest in this topic started when he heard the stories of two friends, both healthcare professionals, who were warned of their breast cancers in dreams that prompted them to go for breast cancer imaging studies. In both cases, tests confirmed what their dreams had suggested.

The project is now seeking volunteers who have been diagnosed with breast cancer after experiencing warning dreams, to participate in the study and share their dreams from now until Feb. 10, 2014. The study will help to shed light on what aspects of such dreams may be useful to healthcare professionals for the detection of breast cancer in the future.

Volunteers with a proven diagnosis of breast cancer can participate by signing up at Dreams Cloud. Participants, who may share their dreams anonymously, must be willing to sign a consent form, fill out a 19-question survey, and post their dreams on Dreams Cloud. Those dreams will remain in their secure dream journal for life.

Participants will not be asked to share additional medical information, only dream-related information. The results will be presented at a future conference of the International Association for the Study of Dreams,http://www.asdreams.org and published in a scientific journal.

To participate, please visit http://www.dreamscloud.com/en/breast_cancer_dreams_study.

About Larry Burk, MD
Larry Burk, MD, CEHP is a board certified radiologist, a Certified Energy Health Practitioner and president of Healing Imager, Inc., specializing in teleradiology, EFT, hypnosis and dreamwork. He was former associate professor of radiology and director of integrative medicine education at Duke University Medical Center and board president of the Rhine Research Center from 2007-2008. Dr. Burk is the author of the book, Let Magic Happen: Adventures in Healing with a Holistic Radiologist, and a blogger for the Huffington Post. His scientific articles, newspaper columns, newsletters and video blogs are posted at http://www.letmagichappen.com.

About Dreams Cloud
The website provides its members with tools to log their dreams, create dream journals, save them privately or share them publicly or anonymously, and receive personalized reflections on their dreams. The goal of Dreams Cloud is to better its members’ lives and those of the public through its efforts. To learn more about Dreams Cloud, please visit http://www.dreamscloud.com.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 at 9:21 PM and is filed under Dream work, Great sites and organizations. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

15 Comments

1. Heidi Bright Parales, MDiv says:

The results will be interesting! I love the dream world.

... on November 21st, 2013
  2. Debby says:

At the risk of sounding weird, the dream was my daughter’s, not mine. She sees ghosts, or so she says. She has seen several but the worst was when she was staying at our home in Maineville. She kept telling me about this terrifying pink Spector that would float over her at night. I scoffed at her because it was a new house. Shortly after we moved to NJ and I was diagnosed with IBC. Her bedroom was directly under mine. Had she seen my disease?

... on November 22nd, 2013
  3. tamilb says:

Very interesting Debby! Thanks for sharing!

... on November 22nd, 2013
  4. Facing Cancer Together says:

I look forward to hearing more of these dreams like Debby’s daughter’s experience. Personally, I can’t remember a thing, but it was some time ago. ~Catherine

... on November 23rd, 2013
  5. Larry Burk, MD, CEHP says:

Debby, So far in my study there is one woman who dreamed her mother’s breast cancer prior to diagnosis. http://www.wandaburch.com and others have reported deceased relatives coming to tell them in dreams about their cancers. In one informal study by Wanda 9/19 women in a breast cancer support group had similar dreams, so there must be a lot of other women out there with similar dream diagnostic experiences. Please help spread the word. Thanks, Larry

... on November 25th, 2013
  6. angie says:

my husband worked away from home. I was woken up by “somebody” telling me to check my left breast! It was very clear, and so in my sleep i did check my breast, and found a small lump. I woke up with such a start..i couldnt believe it. I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day. For 3 months i was told it was just a cyst and not to worry. In the end i asked for it to be removed. It was aggressive breast cancer, This was 20 years ago, and i still thank my guardian angel for making me aware of that lump. I wasnt one for checking my boobs, and would never have found it as it was very small but also very deep. x

... on November 25th, 2013
  7. tamilb says:

Wow, that’s amazing, Angie! Hope you sign up with the study!

... on November 25th, 2013
  8. tamilb says:

thanks for chiming in, Dr. Burk! And everyone else for commenting!

... on November 25th, 2013
  9. Larry Burk, MD, CEHP says:

Angie, It sounds like an important warning dream to me, as sometimes we only recall small but important dream fragments upon awakening. Please see my newsletter for some of the stories from 20 other women and follow the link to participate in the dream study, http://www.letmagichappen.com/newsletter/issue/october_2013
    Thanks,
    Larry

... on November 26th, 2013
  10. Amanda Keates says:

This is so wonderful Larry I will pass this on to my patients to contact you.

... on December 9th, 2013
  11. Kruties Vezys says:

I have never heard about suach an idea before1 We will be waiting for the results. Have a good job!

... on December 19th, 2013
  12. Laura says:

Im amazed to find this, thought I was going crazy. Ive had 3 recurring dreams that I have breast cancer, always the left breast that is exposed. I am very intuitive and have had other “experiences” involving others. 6 months ago my left breast suddenly appeared red streaked and swollen. I spoke with my Dr and we decided it was nothing. 4 months later the dreams started. I have decided to try for a mammogram, hoping my dreams are wrong. But brings an ease at the same time that there are others with these dreams. I am 28, and already survived a rare form of uterine sarcoma at the age of 21. Hope your study goes well!

... on January 7th, 2014
  13. Larry Burk, MD, CEHP says:

Laura, Good luck, and I hope it just turns out to be a metaphor. You may find the book She Who Dreams to be helpful in guidance. http://www.wandaburch.com.
    Let magic happen,
    Larry

... on January 10th, 2014
  14. Laura says:

Dr. Burk, I went to a breast cancer screening today after my dreams I just felt that was best. To my surprise they did find a lump in my left breast during the exam and decided to do an ultrasound. They didn’t want to do a mammogram because I’m so young. They suggested it looked benign by ultrasound. I am just unsure of this because of my dreams! I would feel more at ease with a mammogram. Its so hard for them to understand I went because of my recurring dreams. Thanks for your support!

... on January 16th, 2014
  15. spider dreams says:

The problem with dreams, nightmare or night terrors often they are often all primarily with reference to the personal meaning it contains for that man or women having the dream. Several folks have a very much the same dream but convey totally different things as regards to one another. Which means you must keep an open mind when studying the material inside your dream.

... on March 2nd, 2014